“The group and assignments were really good. It is a lot to get through in 8 weeks, but it helped give me new insights and strength. Thank you for the wisdom and investment in my life!”
“I feel like I have the tools to overcome temptation now.”
“I have greatly appreciated the leadership of Tim Peterson. I really felt that Tim was genuinely in tune with each of us on the call each week. He rarely missed an opportunity to comment on something one of us said and his answers were penetrating, thought provoking and challenging. He wasn’t afraid to gently correct or steer us in a different direction if needed and I really grew to appreciate this. The readings from your books “The Road to Grace” and “100 days on the Road to Grace” have been both sobering and reassuring, calling us out and encouraging. You have taken me to some deep realizations about myself, where I have come from and more importantly where God wants to take me. I have a lot of pride and selfishness that has fed my addiction in all the ugly forms it has taken in my life and I have had to come face to face with that. Most of all you have helped me see in a much clearer way the pain that I have caused my wife and the help I need to be in her recovery and the recovery of our marriage. Thank you for your continued ministry to guys like me and I pray that many more men will realize the disastrous road that they are on with porn and will turn to Blazing Grace for help.”
The Blazing Grace Men’s eight week course is led by Tim Peterson, who is a counselor and pastor. Tim also leads our weekly men’s accountability group. The course is part boot-camp, part discipleship, and part adventure!
The primary goal of the course is to walk you through the process of encountering God and His grace.
This is done by:
1. Staying out of isolation and stopping the lying, hiding, and deception that always accompany sexual sin through accountability to the group, accountability partner, and the spouse.
2. Taking effective action steps to eliminate the stumbling blocks of temptation under your control.
3. Equipping you with the tools to overcome temptation.
4. Delving into the heart issues that need to be resolved in order to receive the love of God more fully.
5. Focused time seeking, and connecting with, God.
6. Restoration of your marriage.
Each week, you’ll attend a group meeting by phone conference call. During the meeting, each man will be accountable to the group for any struggles with lust or sexual sin, discuss how they did with the prior week’s assignments, and receive feedback and support.
The experience might sound intimidating, but it is freeing.
The weekly assignments include accountability and transparency with your accountability partner and spouse, setting up and implementing an action plan to remove the stumbling blocks of temptation under the man’s control, readings, and more.
The last week of the course, each man is required to go alone to a retreat (where the rooms have no TV) for 24 hours to have focused time seeking the Lord.
Our men’s 8 week course for recovery from porn or sex addiction is not for everyone, including:
* Those who attend support groups so they can feel better about sin. Support groups are filled with men who fall, confess, feel a little better, repeat the cycle… and stay there.
* Those who aren’t willing to do whatever it takes. Many remain stuck because they’re not willing to take the decisive actions required to remove the stumbling blocks of temptation under their control, or are not willing to be completely honest.
* Those who aren’t willing to examine their heart. True, lasting freedom from sexual sin comes from the heart; the lies, wounds and other issues that block the flow of grace must be worked through.
* Those who aren’t committed. Our groups depend on the consistent participation of everyone for success; you will be going into battle with and for your brothers, just as they will for you. If you can’t commit to the entire eight week course, working through the assignments, and taking the actions steps that will make a difference, please wait until you’re ready. (Unfortunately, that usually means more pain, shame, and misery).
The results depend on the effort you put into it.
For those outside of North America, please feel free to contact us. We’ve had group members from Canada and Australia; you’re welcome to participate group as long as you speak English. In some instances we may set up a special group time for those in different countries.
The cost of the 8 week course is $295.00. You will receive Mike Genung’s book, Action Steps to Freedom. which provides the course material. There is an additional charge for postage for members outside of the U.S.
We also offer a “group of 1” where you work on the assignments with your own accountability partner outside of the group and make the weekly calls individually to the group leader (Tim Peterson). This gives you more attention and anonymity vs. the group calls. The cost for a group of 1 is $450.00.
To find out more, please send an email to email@example.com.
“I’m no longer white knuckling when it comes to turning away from temptation. It’s actually easier now than before. I’m starting to believe there’s hope.”
Photo credit: Crazymedia